Express Yourself – Share Your Story!
Inspire others by submitting a video or written story about you and your family on Ohana Obama. It’s
easy and takes only a few minutes. Here’s how:
1) Record a short video featuring you and/or family members
2) Upload the video at YouTube.com
3) Send the video link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Written Story Instructions:
1) Write a short story about you and your family
2) Send it to email@example.com
Tip: Be creative! Maybe you are a poet and want to submit a poem? Maybe you have a flare for the
big screen and want to make a short film? Whatever your interest, this is your space – we want to hear
Questions to Consider:
When telling your story, keep some of the following questions in mind to help guide you. You don’t
have to answer them all and you may want to make points that our questions don’t cover.
– Why are YOU drawn to Barack Obama? In addition to voting, are you involved in helping him win the
2008 Presidential Election? If so, how?
– How aware/involved are your family members in the 2008 Presidential Election? Are they registered
to vote? Do they support Obama?
– Why do you think it’s important to gain their support?
– Are your family members receptive to your suggestions? How did they respond?
– Any suggestions to help other young people influence their family members?
– Tell us a bit about you and your family. For instance, what do you do for a living or are you a student?
Where do you live? What is your family’s ethnic, economic or religious background?
– Is there anything else that you would like to say?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org